Events and places near the conference site:
Really near the conference site:
1. KOOZA (Cirque du Soleil): taking place just beside the conference venue
2. National Museum of Art, Osaka: just three minutes' walk
3. Osaka Science Museum: in the same site as National Museum. Planetarium
4. Osaka Castle: rebuilt after the World War 2
5. Osaka Castle Summer Festival "Shiroakarino-E" (Candle Lighting): 18:00-21:00, Aug. 27-28, 2011. The linked website is in Jap. Sorry.
6. Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan: one of the largest aquarium in Osaka
7.Universal Studio Japan:
8. Museum of Oriental Ceramics: two stations away. Get off at Naniwa-bashi station.
9. Tennoji Zoo: the zoo in Osaka
"Depa-chika" or the basement of department stores: it's quite
different, and interesting